Thursday, January 14, 2010

Adventures of Thailand Part 2

By Audrey & Evan Sayer


After Bangkok we went to Sukhathai. (Dad says this is a "World Heritage Site") It is north. We stayed at a place called Ruean. They had rabbits and a pool!
We took a bus to a bike shop called, "K-Shop." We got three bikes and one bike lock (never used the bike lock). I rode with Dad on a back seat. Mom and Audrey each had their own.
The first monument we rode to was three kilometres away. We had to show a guard the tickets so we could go to the monument. A policeman watched our bikes while we walked up to get to the monument.
On the way to the next monument I saw a recycled trash can made out of truck tires. After that Audrey wiped out! But she was fine...
Then we had to catch a bus to Chiang Mai. It was 6 hours long. Once we got to the bus station we got a taxi to our hotel. It did not have a pool because it was a tiny bit cold there.

Every day in Chiang Mai we went shopping. Shopping, shopping, shopping all day long. We got books for me (Audrey) but I read them so quickly we had to get more. I got a fancy umbrella that keeps sun off and I got a fan. My brother got Bionicles. There were different markets like the day market, the night market and Sunday market. I saw this necklace that I wanted but Dad would not let me have it and I regret it till this day...

Part 3 coming soon!

2 comments:

jenzim said...

Audrey, who regrets not getting the necklace? You or your dad? We still miss you. Hope you are having a blast. - Love, Mazzy and Artie

TheKidz said...

Me. Audrey

Thank you!